Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Post Judgment Modification and Enforcement

Unfortunately, sometimes a case does end when the judge enters a final order or judgment.

When your case is over, you will have a court order governing many issues. These orders are final, but certain orders can be modified if circumstances change. Some examples of orders that can be modified are child support, alimony, and parenting plans. If you or the other party involved in your case experiences a substantial change in circumstances, you or the other person may be entitled to ask the court to change your court order.

Some examples of changes in circumstances that may lead to a modification of your court order are an increase in income, a decrease in income, a child graduating high school, a change in a parent’s ability to exercise timesharing, or a change in health or medical condition. These are just a few examples of the many different things that can lead to modification of a court order.

Sometimes people do not follow court orders. If you have a court order, but the other party is not following it, you have options. Depending on the issue, you may be able to ask the court to hold the other person on contempt or to take other actions to enforce your court order.

Our attorneys are committed to guiding you through your case even after the final order or judgment is entered. If you think your order needs to be modified or enforced, please call us.

Schedule a Consultation Today!